17.9.09

-.- I wish these crackers had chives / crappy bagels

If only you could imagine my excitement when I discovered that I don't have class tomorrow! It's such a relief when you know you don't have to get so early it feels like night time, and then you don't have o try to stay awake during lecture because its so early, then cook for a few hours before walking a mile and a half to the bus stop, only to get home an hour and a half later. BLAH! I'm glad i got it all out lol. Okay, picture time!

So yesterday, I really felt like drinking Italian soda, and I swear I don't know any place that sells them besides restaurants, and I am not going to pay for an entire meal just for the drink. So I looked up exactly what Italian soda is; apparently its just sparkling water and vanilla syrup, both two things i have in my house. The picture above is me cooking my vanilla syrup, just thought you all should know ;D


Okay, I didn't need to be this artsy with my vanilla soda, but i liked it so much I thought I'd at least make a nice picture..

Later on in the day, I noticed that we were all out of bagels. I also remembered that I had made bagels before, and it was pretty straight forward; mix the dough, shape, proof, boil, bake. I went to get my BP232 book, but then I couldn't seem to find a recipe for any other type of bagel but plain. So I looked up an egg bagel recipe, did a bit of math, and came up with reducing the amount of water and adding 4 eggs.

They look like crap in this picture. That being said, it was only in this picture. In real life, the bagels were great, I even added a bit of corn meal to the baking sheet for added texture like the bagels at the grocery store. I cut one, and spread strawberry cream cheese on it; it was amazing. really. REALLY.
Anyway, besides that, I'm not typing much today. I made sushi in class today, went out on the boat for a bit, then I went out and got Panera Bread and Ben and Jerry's Ice cream. Both very good. However, I'm not going to share my ice cream pictures with the world; they're all mine! Also, tonight I was supposed to be watching the Grey's Anatomy premiere, but I went out for food instead. All is not lost though, as I bought an iTunes card tonight and fully intend on downloading it first thing tomorrow morning! More tomorrow ;D