14.11.09

IRELAND : DONE

So I'm typing this from the plane, which lands in New York in about 45 minutes. This isn't the longest flight I've ever been on, as the nine hour flight from California to Baltimore nearly 8 years ago was much longer. However it feels like I've been on this plane forever. Me, being absent minded, completley forgot to take a picture of the meal we were served, of which I only ate potatoes, spinach, red sauce, cookies, and a roll. All of that aside, the reality has finally set in; I just spent the 5 weeks on the other side of the planet. It was the longest amount of time I had been away from home, and I honestly thought it was going to be difficult not being with my family. As cold as this sounds, for the most part it wasn't. Yes, I did shed a tear or two sometime in the third week when I watched a video of Madlex being caned by Franiel on a merry-go-round, but until last night I want really all that pressed to return home. It wasn't the place I missed, it
was the people. And the food! How I miss pizza with actual tomato sauce on it, rather than cheesy bread with taco sauce inside. Im excited to return to my life. I like my life, and while I rarely went out at night, I think I've lived enough for the next couple years.

Side note: I've gotten off track but THIS situation is understandable. I'll be back to regular blogging tomorrow. :)