17.4.10

Dominoodle

"I'll be back on Thursday"
k
Today is Saturday. No, even better:
k
k
Caturday.
k
k
Lack of ability to tell what day it is aside, I've been doing a whole lot of nothing today. Yesterday I went to DC, and there were plenty of "that tastes good" and "that's disgusting" moments that would have fit perfectly into a "day trip" post. But it wouldn't have gone well anyway...
k
BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A DAMN CAMERA!
k
This is how I see it; text is very important when blogging. It is blogging. A blog without text is one without content. But in my opinion, one without pictures is the same thing. With no pictures, it's just story telling.
k
I could sit here and describe to all of you the most amazing meal you could possibly imagine, but without any pictures to back it up, for all you know, I could've eaten dirty raisins off the floor for dinner. This is specifically why I decided not to do a post for yesterday, there were no photos.
k
Yeah right Dominic. Like you take trips. Next you'll be telling us you've got a girlfriend.
k
And then he wept.
k
k
***

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

These three pictures have absolutley nothing to do with food. Unless you're a rabbit or some other animal who just eats plants like that.

Anyway, I was seriously about to prove a point with these pictures, but I seriously forgot what I was supposed to be doing with them. I think it's about me needing a camera. Oh! I remember now! (Why I chose to just keep typing instead of back spacing when I remembered is beyond me)

I've been looking at a lot of other food blogs recently, not for ideas, just for comparison, and I noticed something; they all only post about recipes. There is no story, no hilarious anecdotes about losing jobs, no stories about dropping my only camera in the toilet. But that's why you guys read me, right?

...right?

But seriously, they title the post after the recipe, just the ingredients, and then just take pictures of the steps. That's why I think this isn't just a food blog. My mind knows no black and white, so I blur all the lines all the time, and I think thats a great thing. Maybe the next post will actually have something to do with food. And maybe it will have more than 400 words.

Until then.

(Whenever that is lol)