12.4.10

We did it. Until we didn't.

To all you people who only read my blog for the pictures, you can leave now.
k
This post is not for you.
k
So I've returned. Finally. I was on hiatus for a little over a month, but I'm back now, with a few interesting stories to tell.

k

First, let me explain why I was on hiatus in the first place. My last post was the beginning of March, and I was still searching for a job since January. I mentioned that I managed to get myself a job interview at a place downtown, but that didn't work out. A regular interview turned into a job interview, and then that turned into a estage (working interview), which I thought I did great on. Even the staff thought that I was very nice, and did a great job for my first day. Of course, this being my life and all (and unfortunately not some fairy tale), they never called me back. Not even to tell me I didn't get the job, even after the sous chef said he'd call me that Tuesday. I was told not to put all my eggs in one basket, but I really thought I had a shot at that one.
k
So I ended up trying and actually getting a job at a bar, which was actually quite nice. I had the entire kitchen to myself, it wasn't too busy, and it wasn't too far out of my comfort zone. But that's just the thing; I don't like being comfortable. When I'm comfortable I'm not growing, I'm not learning, and I'm being taken off my track. So I went out to search for more work, even though I already had a good job with nice pay.
k
So I stumble upon this other restaurant, the name of which I won't say, but to those of whom I've talked to know what it is, and I send them a completely honest cover letter. They call me back immediately, and ask me to come in for an interview. So I come in, and as it turns out, they meant working interview. So I ended up cooking for two hours in a dress shirt and new shoes, by which the end of I was told I had gotten the job. So I called my current job at the time, and informed them that, unfortunately, I would not be returning to work. So I start working at "Restaurant B"
k
So on my first day at Restaurant B, I was introduced to the staff, and I was given a copy of the menu to learn. (This is probably a problem that will never get solved, because I'm sure everyone does this, but it is one of my biggest irritations that someone expects me to learn how to make everything they serve in the kitchen in two days with a customer menu. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT THE MUSSELS DISH IS ONLY MADE WITH SPECIFICALLY ROASTED GARLIC IF IT DOESN'T SAY SO ON THE MENU?!?) Anyway, the first couple days were fine. Tiring, but fine. But you know, that's kinda what I was looking for; a challenge. Something to make me actually appreciate my day off. I thought this was what I had found. The end of the application road; at least for a little while. This was not the case.
k
Earlier today, my day off, I received a phone call from the chef telling me that someone had come in this morning, thinking that the position was still available. Before they could turn him away, they saw that he had a ton more experience, and did not need to be trained in anyway, and was willing to accept the same pay that I was getting, "starting wage". Long story short, whoever he is, he works there now, I am back on my job search once again. I think I might have gotten a bit off topic just now, "First, let me explain why I was on hiatus in the first place." ha ha, but I needed to explain all that.
k
The reason was: nothing was happening. My life was at an absolute stand still.
A lot has happened since the last time I posted, and I have pictures of everything, but there's kind of a situation with that too. The other day, I dropped my phone in the toilet at work, so all my pictures went with it. I plan to buy a new one with my (only) check, but I don't get that until next tuesday, so it'll be a little while. But, the good news is that when I get it, I can restore it with iTunes and all the pictures will all be back on it.

Photobucket

k

(Short Post) Until then readers.
More Tomorrow.