21.12.09

(Insert Clever Title Here): Day 2 in Miami

So, readers, you're probably wondering how I'm posting from Miami. Well, in the basement, I seemed to have forgotten that there was a brand new Acer netbook, full of memory and ram! It goes just as fast as my desktop, so its nice to use. It's also even more convenient because it has the 3g card built in; I am typing and posting this (with pictures ;D) from the truck. Anyway; into the post:

Photobucket

So, it snowed in Maryland a few days ago. ALOT. So I, naturally, was concerned about the status of my flight yesterday afternoon. I was honestly expecting the plane to be delayed until today, but it was only by 45 minutes. Then the plane took forever to take off, but oter than that it was fine. Usually I have the opportunity to take a picture of the food on the plane, but since it was only a two hour ride, I didntthink any of you wanted to see a picture of ginger ale and an oatmeal raisin cookie. However before I got on the plane I did have lunch.

Photobucket

First for lunch was Cheddar and Broccoli soup; something that I thought I was going to regret ordering (once I found out that chili was available), but surprisingly didnt. The initial smell was off putting, as it reminded me of the samekind of soup from the Safeway salad bar, but I got over it and I really enjoyed it. I guess theres just sometingabout not eatingall day that makes everything taste so much better.

Photobucket

To finish the small lunch, I got a sugar cookie and cream soda. What I didnt quite understand was, why do they check me for sharp objects on the way in, but then sell me a soda in a glass bottle. Not saying that I would do anything with it (I threw it in the Wendy's trash can), but someone could. Anyway, the cookie I didnt actually eat until I was actually on the plane. I was really hard and crunchy around the rim, and almost under baked in the middle. STOP COMPLAINING DOMINIC! IT'S A COOKIE!

Photobucket

That night, after we had arrived, I went to La Carreta for food (dinner?). I ordered fried yuca, which tastes almost identical to french fries, but didnt have that disgusting, greasy after taste. They were served with some kind of spicy pesto mayonaise, which only made it better :D Anyway, Monday isnt over yet, so I'll be on later to do my post for todays food.