22.8.09

"Stuff White People Like"

So yesterday, I went to Malachi's graduation. It was really nice, had a lot of clapping, and I even got a little "Dominic, stand up in the audience". It was nice. What wasn't nice was (I know you're probably wondering why I chose that title for the post; I'll explain in a bit) Franiel rushing everyone out of the building immediately after it was over. There were people there that I hadn't seen in over a year, and I was only able to give a passing nod as I was dragged into the elevator. We ended up eating at Olive Garden for lunch, which would have been really nice if Alex and Madina weren't playing under the table like we were at McDonald's. It's picture time now, so be very excited.

The one picture I managed to take at the graduation; all the other ones are movies, and then when I was done with the videos, I wanted to take some more pictures....but my phone was acting stupid as usual, so this is the only one I managed to take.

When we got to Olive Garden, I ordered the Lasagna Fritta as an appetizer. From what I could taste and see, they deep fried soft lasagna noodles filled with ricotta cheese and some kind of herb blend. Then they placed them in Alfredo sauce (I could taste the nutmeg), and made a line of red sauce across the top of them. Very good.

Olive Garden looses brownie points for bringing out the salad late though. The waitress brought it as well as the bread sticks after I had already finished my appetizer. I'm not complaining, just saying it was kinda weird.

Then there was the fettuccine Alfredo. It tasted okay, but the sauce didn't have any salt in it, and they don't put salt on the table there....Oh well!

After I got home after lunch, I changed my clothes and Ashley and I went to the mall (stopping at the bank first where the woman caught a severe attitude for no reason. hmmm.....). After buying a few things, she wanted to try this thing where this lady "threads" your eyebrows. I stood off to the side and watched.

From the mall, I bought the worlds largest magazine, a shirt, a new scarf, a thin hoodie that I thought had short sleeves but got home to be sadly mistaken, a $25 itunes card, razzles, and a hilarious book. If you can't see, the book is called "Stuff White People Like" and the whole thing is about funny things that white people would enjoy. Stuff like "Religions their parents don't belong to", "Yoga", and "Gifted Children". It was only $14, you should buy it.

This picture just about sums up my whole day lol.
Today I'm just really packing stuff, doing laundry, and I'll probably be baking some cookies sometime today. I'm not going to the mall today with Kiarra and April anymore because of a change of plans, plus even if I did go, I only have like $7 left lol. But it's fine, because I'M LEAVING TOMORROW! I'm so excited! 5 days at Virginia Beach! That's kinda what I bought the iTunes card for, I'm not sitting in a car for four hours listening to "Go! Deigo! Go!" or whatever other annoying movies Madlex bring along.
Also, because I left the garbage bag on the back porch last night, one because it was raining and two because it was 11pm, I now have to clean up the mess the damn squirrels and raccoons made. I get a knock on my door at 8:30 this morning followed by a lecture, while Ashley left TWO bags out back and they say nothing. Besides cleaning all that up, I'm watching Madlex again today; to keep them preoccupied I'll probably have them help me with the cookies or something....