30.7.09

Damn my subway addiction

Unfortunately, you all have to hear about my subway lunch, again. I know, I know, "Dominic you can't have a food blog and every day talk about how great subway is". But I'm actually doing stuff over the weekend and there will be plenty of interesting food. I'm also changing the banner, as it no longer applies as it has absolutely nothing to do with food.

The "heavenly" subway cookies. They think they've got me fooled. I know what they do; they just microwave cookie dough cookies. There is no secret recipe people! They have us all brainwashed!!!!I tried to be all "artsy" with my sub.

The whole meal; btw the drink doesnt have a neat peel off thing like at Burger King. That kinda depresses me :(
Well anyway, its Alex's birthday this weekend, and its my birthday monday. Speaking of which, I'm going to New York for a day trip on my birthday! I'm taking off school and leaving in the morning, and coming back home around 2 the next night :D (I'm turning 16)
So I've had these two magazines, Cooking Light and Bon Appetit, and I got them both Monday. I have yet to find an opportuinty this week to read them, but Ashley skimmed through them and she said they have some pretty good recipes; and she's very picky, so if she says they have a few good ones then you know they're good. I've decided not to do anything else but read those tonight, so I actually have the time :)
Oh and tomorrow I'm baking the pie instead of today, reason being Franiel left and went to the grocery store without me, so I was not able to get the Peaches. Damn. But the good news is that Imogen Jennifer Jane Heap said that I have all day tomorrow to have the kitchen to myself, so I think I might bake a loaf of Rosemary bread too. Excited :) But more importantly, Imogen Jennifer Jane Heap wants me to make my devils food cake for Alex's birthday, because he's having a party on Saturday and then we're going to Sesame Place on Sunday. So I need to get more chocolate, heavy cream, and crisco for that. Looks like I'll be baking quite a bit this Friday. More tomorrow, and with LOTS of pictures :)